Which information we may collect on our Customers?We may collect two types of data and information on our Customers:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the Customer from which we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which is available to us while Customers are using the Site and/or Service. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, and may contain, among other things, the type of operating system, type of browser, screen resolution, browser and keyboard language and any non-identifiable and anonymous information regarding the Customers' Application (such as, the Application name, the URL of the Application and the App store's ID of the Application).
The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
- Customers who are only visiting the Site do not need to provide any Personal Information.
- Customers who are interested in opening an account in order to use our Services (an "Account", as such term is defined in detailed in our TOS) should provide details via the registration form of the Site (namely, Account name, Account code, full name, user name, phone, e-mail, timezone (city)).
- In addition, we may collect Personal Information in order to charge the Customer for the Services. This information may include a credit card number and other related billing information) (see section 12 below regarding the payment method).
How Do We Collect Information on Our Customers?There are two main methods we use:
- We collect Non-Personal Information through Your use of the Site and/or Service. In other words, when You are using the Site and/or Service we are aware of it and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage.
- We collect Personal Information which You provide to us voluntarily when You register to our Site and open an Account by completing the registration form available at https://www.appoxee.com/register. We store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of the Service and/or Site.
- Allow Customers to use the Service.
- Allow us to contact the registered Customers in order to receive feedback with respect to their use of the Service.
- Provide our Customers with applicable support.
- Inform You regarding products and services (offered by us) which may interest You and to send to You advertisements and other marketing material, transmitted to the e-mail address You have provided.
- Our Services provide You with a tool for collecting certain data pertaining to the End User’s use of Your Application (the "End-User Data") in order for you to be able to send them certain messages (such as, promotions, commercials, advertisements, etc. as further detailed in the TOS) via push notifications, pop-ups, notification to inbox, feedback activity (the "Feedback Activity", as further detailed in out TOS) and more app feature (collectively, the "Messages"). Such information is collected and stored on Your behalf.
Which information we may collect on End-Users? In order for us to provide You with our Services, You will be required to provide us certain End-User Data:
You must provide us with the following information pertaining to your End User which we require in order to provide the Service (this information is collected by our Service as default):
- Non-personal End-Users Information: This type of information pertains to the technical aspects of the End-User use of Your Application and is non-identifying. It may contain, among other things: Appoxee SDK version, the End-User's software version, the city, region and country of last activation, screen density, screen resolution, hardware type (iPhone/iPad, etc.), registration date (first time the Application was opened), last activation date, number of activations, push information, local (language and region setting of the device), the time the End-User spent in the Application, the date and time that the Application was active, push notification opened, Appoxee inbox activity, Appoxee feedback activity.
- Internal Appoxee ID (iOS) / Android ID (Android).
- End-User IP address: It is hereby made clear that the IP address of the End-User is not stored on our databases. Once we translate the IP address to the city, region and country of last activation of the End-User, we immediately erase the IP address information from our servers.
- You may choose to provide us with certain additional Non-personal End User Information: such as tag, alias, counters.
- You may choose to provide us any Personal End User Information. Personal Information may be used by You, via our Service, in order to target Messages to different End-Users based on such Personal Information. Personal End User Information which You may provide to us includes without limitations, the End-User's name, age, gender, active email address, contact information, etc.
- You must provide us with the following information pertaining to your End User which we require in order to provide the Service (this information is collected by our Service as default):
- How Do We Collect End User Data? We will receive such the End-User Data from the APP SDK installed on your Application and/or from Your servers using Server to Server communication. In addition, we will receive from mobile platform operators (e.g. Apple and Google) information regarding the End-Users with respect to whether any specific End-User has decided to opt-out from further receiving the Messages using our Services (we collect this information in order to have an indication of whether to cease sending the End-User further Messages).
- What are the Purposes of the Collection of End-User Data? We will use the End-User Data only for these purposes: (i) store, host and engage the End-User Data on Your behalf and for Your benefit in order to enable You to use our Services; (ii) certain End-User's Non-personal Information and Personal Information is collected to allow You to provide the End-User with Messages and to engage such End-User through contextual, behavioral and/or location based targeted Messages as per your request and choice pertaining to the manner You use our Service; and/or (iii) create for your benefit reports about Your End-User’s use of Your Application and with respect to how the engagement with the End-User via our Services reflects the usage of Your End-User use of Your Application ; (iv) we will use the End-User Data on an anonymous basis, in the aggregate, in order to, inter alia, perform application uses analysis and statistical reports in order to, inter alia, operate and improve our Services; and (v) we will use the End-User Data for the purposes which are specified is Section 5 pertaining to the sharing of information with third parties, mutandis mutandis for the limited purposes set forth therein.
- You hereby grant us a limited, non-exclusive and non-assignable license to use, store, upload, display and copy the End-User Data solely for the purpose of providing You with the Services and as further permitted hereunder.
- You hereby represent and warrant that (i) You will use the Services in compliance with any applicable laws, including without limitation any applicable privacy protection laws, including any applicable laws, regulations, orders, decrees and policies relating to the collection, use or dissemination of information about End-Users (among others, You are responsible for obtaining, before You use the Service, all End-User consents required by applicable law for our collection and use of the End-User Data, and you further acknowledge that, as applicable, the database of the End-User's Data of Your application has been duly registered in the applicable governmental authorities); (ii) You have made any and all disclosures required by applicable laws with respect to Your privacy practices, among others, any data You collect from Your End-Users; (iii) You own or have obtained the right in and to all intellectual property rights subsisting in the End-User Data, and have the right to provide us the license granted herein to such End-User Data; and (iv) the End-User Data does not infringe or violate any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to, patents, copyrights and trademarks) or misappropriate the trade secret, or violate the privacy rights of any third party, including but not limited to the End-Users.
As between You and Appoxee, You retain exclusive ownership of the End-User Data which will be stored on Your database. You acknowledge and agree that You remain solely responsible and liable for the End-User Data and for the permitted uses of such End-User Data under these Terms. The Customer controls access to its account and the End-User Data and has full administrative control over such data, including by its right to view or modify it.
YOU HEREBY AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT AS BETWEEN YOU AND APPOXEE THE END-USER DATA WHICH WILL BE COLLECTED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SERVICES IS YOUR DATA AND IS COLLECTED ON YOUR BEHALF, FOR YOUR BENEFIT AND AT YOUR REQUEST.
- You must inform the End-Users about their ability to exclude themselves from being monitored by our Service and the APP SDK.
- To the extent You transmit, pass, or otherwise provide us End-User Data with respect to an End-User who is Minor (as such term is defined below) ("Minor End-User"), or to the extent that You operate a website or on-line service (including mobile applications) directed to Minors that collects, uses or discloses Minors' information, or if You otherwise are aware that Your website or online service (including mobile applications) collects, uses or discloses Minors' information You should ensure that this is done in compliance with any and all applicable privacy laws, including without limitation the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and the rules promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) under that Act, including but not limited to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule 16 C.F.R. Part 312 (the "COPPA"). The term "Minor" shall mean a Child as such term is defined under the COPPA (i.e. any individual under the age of 13) or any other under-age individual as defined by applicable children protection legislation in any relevant jurisdiction.
We do not claim that the use of our Service in compliance with the obligations set forth in the Addendum guaranties that You are in compliance with any applicable laws with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of Minor End-User Data (including without limitation COPPA compliance). Please consult with Your professional advisors to determine whether and to what extent to use our Services in order to deliver Messages to Minor End-User and/or to incorporate the Services with websites and/or online services (including mobile applications) directed to Minor End-Users.
Modification or Deletion of Personal InformationIf for any reason You wish to modify or delete Your Personal Information You can send us an email to: email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
SecurityWe take a great care in implementing and maintaining the security of Appoxee's Site and its Customer's Personal Information. The Personal Information is hosted on the Amazon Cloud which provides advanced security features. Appoxee employs industry standard procedures to ensure the safety of its Customers’ Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur. You acknowledge that You provide Your Personal Information at your own risk.
Direct MarketingYou hereby agree that we may use Your contact details for the purpose of informing You regarding products and services (offered by the Company) which may interest You and to send to You advertisements and other marketing material, transmitted to the e-mail address You have provided. You may withdraw Your consent via sending a written notice to Appoxee by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Local StorageWhen You access or use the Site and/or Service, we may use industry-wide technologies such as "cookies" and Flash (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on Your computer ("Local Storage") and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make Your experience much more convenient and effortless. The cookies used by the Site are created per session, does not include any information about You, other than Your session key and are removed as Your session ends (usually after 24 hours). It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow You to erase cookies from Your computer's hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash You should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if You block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, Your online experience may be limited.
We may also use certain third-party cookies. These are a different kind of cookies, stored on Your computer by third parties, rather than by Appoxee. This kind of cookie is only read (and not altered by the Site) each time You visit the Site, and also when You visit certain websites or applications that uses similar cookies. Third-party cookies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages You have visited, the duration of Your browsing, etc.